We are in the process of updating our little Hampton’s cottage. There’s good energy in them there halls. Really. There is something about the house that is comforting and quiet. I convinced myself and then my husband to trust me to update the home into a mix of Midcentury Modern and Bayside Hamptons, which I think is turning out to be a mix of a whites, off-whites and beige; splashes of black for dramatic effect; lots of Midcentury wooden furniture; and, colorful prints and photographs. We’ll update BohoMamma soon with photographs. In other words, a more modern update to country.
But engaging in new paint and lighting fixtures, rugs, sofas and chairs, has led me to images of country brunches. Since I try (I said try) to reserve the weekend for family activities, when we travel to the Hamptons on the weekend, I can think about the meals we make and the way I want the table to look. It’s the setting for life and conversation.
These are some of our favorite finds for a Country Lunch.
- BLT on Toasted Roasted Bread Recipe by Not Without Salt
- Petite Picardie Glasses and Recipe for Lemon Thyme Gin Sparkler at Quitokeeto
- Sea Salt Baked Potato Recipe at 101 Cookbooks. Another great site for those with a passion for food photography and healthful recipes.
- Little Lemon Souffle Recipe at Martha Stewart
- Kale Flowers via EssJay.com
- Black Faced Bird Ceramic Cups at Ashes & Milk
- Urushi Bamboo Spoons by Ashes & Milk
- Malachite Green and Amber Salad Bowl and Serving Spoons at Dinosaur Designs
- Bouclé Votives available at Ankasa